Tuesday, January 13, 2009

What matters

Courtesy of my brother deacon, Greg Kandra, is what was printed on Fr. Richard John Neuhaus' holy card for his funeral, which was this morning in New York:

"Whatever little growth in holiness I have experienced, whatever strength I have received from the company of the saints, whatever understanding I have attained of God and his ways -- these and all other gifts I have received I will bring gratefully to the throne. But in seeking entry to that heavenly kingdom, I will, with Dysmas, look to Christ and Christ alone.

Then I hope to hear him say, 'Today, you will be with me in paradise,' as I hope with all my being -- because, although looking to him alone, I am not alone -- he will say to all."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Triduum- Good Friday

The Crucifixion , by Giotto (b. 1267 or 1277 - d. 1337 CE). Part of a cycle of frescoes showing the life of the Virgin Mary and Jesus Chris...