Friday, November 13, 2009

"Lux aeterna luceat eis Domine"



This being November, the month during which we remember our dead, and in light of the week I have had so far, I turn to the sacred liturgy for solace because Christ does not disappoint. So, the Lux Aeterna from Mozart's Requiem Mass, performed by the Krakow Philharmonic for the Sacrem Profanum Fesitval in 2004, with a video by Maciej Sobociński and Paweł Augustynek-Halny. Oddly, I could not find out anything about the soloist or the choir. The projection is worthy of this sacred music. I cannot begin to describe how deeply this moves me this morning. Deo gratias!

Mozart's Lux Aeterna from his Requiem Mass is our Friday traditio.

"Cum sanctis tuis in aeternum, quia pius es"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Triduum- Good Friday

The Crucifixion , by Giotto (b. 1267 or 1277 - d. 1337 CE). Part of a cycle of frescoes showing the life of the Virgin Mary and Jesus Chris...