Friday, October 15, 2010

"Good coffee, strong coffee"



"I need to have some."

Jars of Clay singing their Coffee Song seems a more than appropriate traditio for a Friday in the fall when there is a chill in the air and the darkness lingers a bit longer.

"I still live my human life, but it is a life of faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me" (Gal. 2:20).

Today is also the memorial of St. Teresa of Avila, another Doctor of the Church. I am never afraid to admit that the Carmelite spirituality of Teresa and John of the Cross is not my spiritual cup-o'-tea. I think this arises from the many useless attempts to turn what is essentially a contemplative spirituality into a lay, or active, spirituality. Then again, I'm not a big of St. Francis de Sales Introduction to the Devout Life either. Oh well. St. Teresa of Avila, pray for us.

Veni Sancte Spiritus, Veni per Mariam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Triduum- Holy Thursday

Christ Washing the Disciples' Feet , by Jacopo Tintoretto (1519-1594) “Unless I wash you, you will have no inheritance with me.” ( ...