Friday, December 3, 2010

"I've been lonely. I've been waiting for you"

I have been thinking about posting a Heart song for our Friday traditio since early last summer. I also had ideas about posting two other songs for this week, but David, who is something of blogging a haiku master, whose short bursts over on Unashamedly Human I always find deeply insightful, encouraged me to go with the sisters Wilson:


After all the heavy-lifting this week here on Καθολικός διάκονος I am exhausted. So, What About Love?, then, is our first Advent traditio. So, thanks, David, for your friendship and your willingness to be unashamedly human, and for a traditio that arises from experience. Besides, I can't resist the early 80s feel of this video! I think the message is, Love is hard work, though work not exclusively reserved to attractive female foundry laborers.

I can't tell you what you're feeling inside/
I can't sell you what you don't want to buy/
Something's missing and you got to
Look back on your life/
You know something here just ain't right


Maranatha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday of Holy Week

Readings: Isaiah 42:1-7; Psalm 27:1-3.13-14; John 12:1-11 Being nine months to the day before Christmas, normally today we would mark the...