Friday, December 17, 2010

"I remember searching for the perfect words"


Every once in awhile I just have go with a totally Eighties riff. So, our traditio for this Friday of Advent has no deeper meaning than that, except that focusing so much in my spiritual life on memory, on understanding that Living Is the Memory of [Christ], these lyrics popped into my mind: "I remember..". Other than that I post this for my favorite reason, namely no particular- gratuitously!

This evening we begin our recitation of the O Antiphons, which, at least for today are the perfect words:

O Sapientia, quae ex ore Altissimi prodiisti,
attingens a fine usque ad finem,
fortiter suaviterque disponens omnia:
veni ad docendum nos viam prudentiae

2 comments:

  1. Terri Nunn was quite a babe, back in the day. =-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Dan, since you mention it Yes, very much a hottie, which likely played some role in the find remembrance that prompted the post.

    Scott

    ReplyDelete

Triduum- Holy Thursday

Christ Washing the Disciples' Feet , by Jacopo Tintoretto (1519-1594) “Unless I wash you, you will have no inheritance with me.” ( ...