Friday, February 1, 2013

"You are my Lord and I long for You"

It's Friday. I haven't posted anything since Sunday. Life is busy. 2013 has proven to be a challenging year thus far. It's important to recognize that struggle is the stuff of life, a necessary component of human existence. In CL-speak, struggle is a catalyst, turning something that happens to me into a genuine experience. Or, as Chesterton averred: "A dead thing goes with the stream. Only a living thing can go against it."



So, this morning, perhaps a bit too predictably, I turn to Brother Glenn Kaiser. His album All My Days has given me succor over quite a few years now. I realize many of my Catholic and Orthodox friends do not care for this kind of music, but for some reason it resonates with me. I don't feel the need to analyze, justify, or defend it. Our Friday traditio is the title track off Glenn's worship album- "All My Days."



"Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus" (1 Thess. 5:18). In the words of the antiphon for the Invitatory Psalm for Morning Prayer today- "Come, let us give thanks to the Lord, for his great love is without end."

How I long for Your presence
How I look to Your grace
How I search for Your hearts's desire
To walk with You... all my days


This despite me not being a very steady companion.

Each day is a new beginning. It helps that today is the first day of a new month. The holy season of Lent begins in less than two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Triduum- Good Friday

The Crucifixion , by Giotto (b. 1267 or 1277 - d. 1337 CE). Part of a cycle of frescoes showing the life of the Virgin Mary and Jesus Chris...