Friday, August 30, 2013

"You love every lost cause"

I really can't think of a better traditio for this final Friday in August than Casting Crowns' "Jesus Friend of Sinners." Of course, the first Psalm of the Church's Morning Prayer on Friday mornings is the Miserere mei, or, Psalm 51, which begins:

Have mercy on me, God, in accord with your merciful love;
in your abundant compassion blot out my transgressions.

Thoroughly wash away my guilt;
and from my sin cleanse me.



For I know my transgressions;
my sin is always before me.

Against you, you alone have I sinned;
I have done what is evil in your eyes
So that you are just in your word,
and without reproach in your judgment...




Let the memory of Your mercy bring Your people to their knees/Nobody knows what we're for only what we're against when we judge the wounded/What if we put down our signs crossed over the lines and loved like You did

As Jesus taught and, moreover, demonstrated, "No one is good but God alone" (Mark 10:18).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Triduum- Good Friday

The Crucifixion , by Giotto (b. 1267 or 1277 - d. 1337 CE). Part of a cycle of frescoes showing the life of the Virgin Mary and Jesus Chris...