Friday, May 9, 2014

"Pin your ear to the wisdom post"

I am tempted to apologize for my lack of posting during this Easter season. My explanation is that I have been quite busy and on the road, traveling for work. I hope to end the drought soon (something else for which I will, no doubt, need to apologize). Our traditio is Tom Waits' song off one of my all-time favorite albums, Mule Variations. The song? "Get Behind the Mule"



Tom Waits a predictably underrated man. We've reduced knowledge to information and as a result we've reduced our humanity.



Well the rampaging sons of the widow James
Jack the cutter and the pock marked kid
Had to stand naked at the bottom
Of the cross
And tell the good lord what they did
Tell the good lord what they did

No comments:

Post a Comment

Triduum- Holy Thursday

Christ Washing the Disciples' Feet , by Jacopo Tintoretto (1519-1594) “Unless I wash you, you will have no inheritance with me.” ( ...