Friday, July 11, 2014

"Oh and I again complain"

Since I posted two songs on Facebook today, I have to admit that I am not much up for posting a traditio. However, it is a traditio and something I want to keep doing. So, I'll post both here with no comment except to pass along that I found both of these songs to be what I needed spiritually today.

The first one is Jars of Clay playing the hymn "Thou Lovely Source of True Delight"-



Jesus my Lord, my life, my light, oh come with blissful ray
Break radiant through the shades of night and chase my fears away
Won't you chase my fears away

The second one, which came to mind when a friend posted a Chris LeDoux song, thus broaching the whole issue of country music, is Collin Raye's "What If Jesus Came Back Like That?"



Nobody said life is fair
We've all got a cross to bear
When it gets a little hard to care
Just think of Jesus hanging there

No comments:

Post a Comment

Triduum- Good Friday

The Crucifixion , by Giotto (b. 1267 or 1277 - d. 1337 CE). Part of a cycle of frescoes showing the life of the Virgin Mary and Jesus Chris...