Friday, October 3, 2014

"And play upon her darkest fears"

In the early days of the Καθολικός διάκονος Friday traditio I would simply share the song I heard that week that "stuck" with me, made some kind of impression on my consciousness. Like most things that are institutionalized, over time more and more deliberation goes into such things resulting in what the German sociologist Max Weber dubbed "the routinization of charisma."



This week's traditio is my own version of ressourcement. Hence, Wang Chung's "Dance Hall Days" will suffice, more than suffice, for this first Friday in October. This song also has the extreme advantage of being made back when, at least in my opinion, making music videos was a legitimate art form:



Take your baby by the wrist
And in her mouth an amethyst
And in her eye two sapphires blue
And you need her and she needs you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday of Holy Week

Readings: Isaiah 42:1-7; Psalm 27:1-3.13-14; John 12:1-11 Being nine months to the day before Christmas, normally today we would mark the...