Friday, July 17, 2015

"Still I'm waiting for the morning"

Our Friday traditio for this week is quiet and straightforward.



Billy Joel singing "Tomorrow Is Today" off his Cold Spring Harbor album is our traditio this week. Cold Spring Harbor was Joel's first solo album and was released all the way back in 1971.



Still I'm waiting for the morning
But it feels so far away
And you don't need the love I'm giving
So tomorrow is today


There is a lot I could write about this song and so I will limit myself to just one thing: I can't live just for the moment because time slips away as you can see by watching sands pour from the top to the bottom of an hour glass. I don't know about you, but I have to live for what lasts, which helps me make the most of today, even while realizing there will a tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday of Holy Week

Readings: Isaiah 42:1-7; Psalm 27:1-3.13-14; John 12:1-11 Being nine months to the day before Christmas, normally today we would mark the...