Friday, August 28, 2015

"The reason we breathe is to sing of his glory "

While I posted much more in July than I had planned, my blogging in August has tapered off. My lack of posts is certainly not driven by a lack of things to write about or events on which I could comment. I certainly intend to pick up the pace in the days and weeks to come. Last week I did not even post on the last of the six readings from our Lord's Bread of Life discourse, which we hear proclaimed every three years during Year B of the three-year Sunday lectionary cycle.



Suffice it to say 2015 has been a year of transition and, by nothing other than the grace of God, a year of growth for me. This summer in particular has been a graced and blessed time. By calling these past few months "graced and blessed" I do not mean to infer that it has all been smooth sailing and without its struggles. At times the waters have been kind of choppy and the struggles, mostly internal (the soul is the true battlefield) not the world. The way we win is by surrendering. How's that for a paradox, just the kind of which constitute Christianity. With St Paul, I decided "to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified" (1 Cor 2:2).

It's Friday, the day on which we remember our Lord's sacrifice on the Cross, a day of penance. And so our traditio this week is Mercy Me singing "All of Creation."



Look for more here as the days progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Triduum- Good Friday

The Crucifixion , by Giotto (b. 1267 or 1277 - d. 1337 CE). Part of a cycle of frescoes showing the life of the Virgin Mary and Jesus Chris...