Friday, September 4, 2015

"I'm lost without you"

Just as some complain every chance they get about contemporary Christian music, I tire of people who claim that God can't possibly be communicated in any new way, by any new medium, or meter, that aspects of contemporary culture, like the love ballad, can't be adapted and put in the service of the Gospel. But the history of the Church shows us something very different. Everything may not stand the test of time and be handed on for centuries or millennia (there are plenty of lost or disregarded forms) but that does not mean it has no value whatsoever. Maybe some things are meant to appeal only to people in a certain time and in a certain place. Is that so difficult to conceive? Of course, not everything is to everyone's liking, which is perfectly fine too.



I think simplicity is always fitting for prayer, worship, and meditation. Also, I like singing love songs to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, without whom I am lost and for whom I am desperate. So, Michael W Smith's "Breathe" is our Friday traditio:

2 comments:

  1. Do you know the creator of this collage? I am trying to figure that out.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I do not know who created it.

    ReplyDelete

Monday of Holy Week

Readings: Isaiah 42:1-7; Psalm 27:1-3.13-14; John 12:1-11 Being nine months to the day before Christmas, normally today we would mark the...