Friday, September 25, 2015

"My days are like a shadow that declineth"

I fancy myself as something of an Anglo-Catholic. One thing for certain, I love Anglican choral psalmody. Psalm 102, known as Domine, exaudi )"Lord, hear me") is our Friday traditio for this week.



A rough outline of Psalm 102 goes something like this: a sorrowful complaint of great afflictions; (1-11) Encouragement by expecting the performances of God's promises; (12-22) The unchangeableness of God. (23-28). Verse one from the King James Version: "(A prayer of the afflicted, when he is overwhelmed, and poureth out his complaint before the LORD.) Hear my prayer, O LORD, and let my cry come unto thee.



"For I have eaten ashes like bread, and mingled my drink with weeping, Because of thine indignation and thy wrath: for thou hast lifted me up, and cast me down" (Psalm 102:9-10).

Today, my oldest daughter turns 19.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday of Holy Week

Readings: Isaiah 42:1-7; Psalm 27:1-3.13-14; John 12:1-11 Being nine months to the day before Christmas, normally today we would mark the...