Friday, March 11, 2016

"Do you feel in me, anything redeeming"?

Our Friday traditio for this Fourth Friday of Lent is U2's "Shadows and Tall Trees." This song, which was one of the band's demo tracks, appeared on their 1980 album Boy. I had the cassette tape version and I wore it out. "Shadows and Tall Trees" is actually my second favorite track from the album. My favorite is "I Will Follow."



This song seems fitting for a gray, overcast day in early March. The snow is melted, but everything looks disheveled and even dead. It's even too early where I live for that feeling of life to emerge. But I wait in joyful hope, even if the joy is of the fake it 'til you make it variety.

1 comment:

  1. The early music of U2 helped bind me to Christ.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

Triduum- Good Friday

The Crucifixion , by Giotto (b. 1267 or 1277 - d. 1337 CE). Part of a cycle of frescoes showing the life of the Virgin Mary and Jesus Chris...