Friday, July 22, 2016

"In this desert that I call my soul/I always play the starring role"

I don't know about where you live, but here along the Wasatch Front of the Rocky Mountains in Northern Utah, we have reached the dog days of summer with daily highs over 100 degrees and overnight lows in the mid-to-high 70s. I don't mind admitting that I find stifling heat almost as bad as below zero temperatures. We don't have too many of the former here, but we have plenty of latter. By the time it cools off it's 9:30 to 10:00 PM. What to post as a traditio for this first post marking the beginning of my second decade of blogging? One thing I've learned is not to overthink these things.



When I consider the music that really sustained me when I was a teenager, The Police would rate very high on the list, as would a number of rather more obscure bands. So, "I Feel So Lonely" off their 1978 album Outlandos d' Amour is our Friday traditio. I often feel quite lonely, which is no indictment against my family or the people who really care for me, it's just the way I am built and goes to spending an awful lot of time alone from my mid-teens to my mid-twenties. Maybe that's why I have so many children. If so, I think that's a good reason



Or, as one commentor on YouTube wrote:

SALAMI
SALAMI
SALAMI


In case you're wondering, the video was filmed in Hong Kong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Triduum- Good Friday

The Crucifixion , by Giotto (b. 1267 or 1277 - d. 1337 CE). Part of a cycle of frescoes showing the life of the Virgin Mary and Jesus Chris...